Saul and Steve have a lively debate about whether the rapidly emerging over-the-top TV market is going to be open to innovative upstarts as well as media giants trying to learn new tricks. This plays out in several of the week’s stories:
- Comcast launches Stream its $15/month Internet cable service in Boston.
- Paid niche slivercasting services like Cruncyroll and Worldwide Wrestling are now making big bucks.
- Vevo’s cool new app challenges YouTube for dominance of music videos.
- The NY Times worries about T-Mobile’s BingeOn offer of free data for Netflix and HBO.
- CNN pulls back from iReport shifting the emphasis to social media.
Follow us at http://HackingTV.News