Hacking TV Podcast | January 17, 2016
Many of the pillars of the old TV order are cracking.
- Local TV stations secretly agree to sell their broadcast frequencies.
- Half of cable subscribers would rather have a price cut then get ESPN.
- Al Jazeera America signs off.
- Turner cuts back TV commercials and searches for a better format.
Meanwhile, signs of the new world:
- The meaning of VLC in the Apple TV app store.
- Goldman Sachs says VR will be bigger than TV in 10 years.
Follow us at http://HackingTV.News
Send your feedback to hackers@HackingTV.News